I probalby watched more TV shows this year than in recent years-catching up with some well received shows that I had missed the first time around. Here's my rankings:
1. Breaking Bad-can't wait to see how the writers will end it.
2. Mad Men-consistently excellent in all areas of production.
3. Boardwalk Empire-I don't know why I waited on this: Prohibition, gangsters, Martin Scorcese, Steve Buscemi, Michael Kenneth Williams, HBO, etc...this show really got its legs in the third season.
4. Justified-Rayland Givens is a guy you don't want to mess around with-created by Elmore Leonard.
5. Game of Thrones-fantasy usually not my thing, but HBO, great acting, and fascinating politics.
6. Louie-not really a comedy, but provocative story lines.
7. Community-the best comedy on TV.
8. 30 Rock-the second best comedy on TV.
9. Homeland-disappointed with season 2 and stopped watching, but season one is very compelling TV with great acting.
10. The Walking Dead-technically I haven't started watching season three, since I just finished season two. I liked it enough to continue on, but lacks the high level writng of the shows at the top of this list.