Due to the advances in technology I can enjoy American TV in Japan via the Internet and stay up to date with the latest and greatest shows. This is my list of the best TV aired in 2007.
1) Mad Men: A fascinating look at Madison Avenue admen in the early 60s from ex-Sopranos writer Matthew Weiner. An unlikely subject that is fresh and well written.
2) The Wire: The best show on TV but loses out because it is in its fourth seasons, so some of the freshness is gone. Even though each season has a different focus in addition to the battle between police and drug dealers-this season it was education.
3) Rome Season 2: I watched it straight through from the first episode. Amazing attention to detail, historical, well acted, well written, and it displays the amazing production values you come to expect from HBO.
4) The Sopranos-After 5 seasons invested in this groundbreaking drama it was hard not to be glued to the screen to see what happen next, even if it wasn’t all that earth shattering when all was said and done.
5) Flight of the Conchords-This is another very funny and original concept for a series-a band that infuses their songs into the storyline. I love the parody songs and the dry humor, can’t wait for the next season.
6) Curb Your Enthusiasm 6-having the Blacks move in with JD Smooth was comedy gold as was his divorce form Cheryl.
7) Extras 2-“Are You Havin’ A Laff?” Ricky Gervais’ comedic take on fame and integrity, complete with a more serious than funny Christmas special.
8) Battlestar Galactica 3-Good writing and an intriguing cast keep me invested in this drama, which had a well-made season 4 movie preview special, “Razor.”
9) The Simpsons-19 seasons and they still come up with funny original episodes.
10) Veronica Mars 3-goes out with a whimper, but there were still some entertaining episodes-it would have been interesting to see Veronica in the FBI Academy, but alas it is over.